Saturday, August 18, 2012

Open Sky: seeking luminescence

This is my first use of my iPad drawings in an art piece. I have printed them on Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper, on an Epson 2200 printer (many thanks to Teresa for the printer and the help!).
The piece, 'Open Sky: seeking luminescence', is a mixed media book art, using a found split rock, the iPad prints and found print of a happy brain...
Much homage is due to Sue Cotter, local artist and friend, as I first saw her work with split rocks as book covers and she is a great inspiration.
 
Closed

Closed label open


Undone and page backs
 

Open and in full display

I am entering the piece in the local Annual Juried Art Show at the Canyon Community Center Gallery, in Springdale, Utah. The theme this year is 'Beauty and the Eye'.

No comments:

Post a Comment