Tuesday, February 7, 2012

First steps

 A journey will always start with the first small step...

'Mist and golden pods' - the day after our first winter rains and the earth sighed relief, while the mist rolled off the mesas.

This sketch was done a few hours before, and in anticipation of the removal of my hard, non-weight bearing caste,  on my broken leg, from early December, it had been my shackle for 6 weeks. I am now mid way through the post surgery physical therapy and with a walking caste boot and walker, full weight bearing is one month away and daily therapy for movement, strength and reflection. As I said, small steps...

A few days before the accident I had received an early Christmas present of an iPad... My first Apple... The drawings on this blog are my early forages into this new media and into blogging.

Feel free to forward and I hope you enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Wasn't that an amazing sight - all that mist rising from the earth like wraiths? Perhaps mini-clouds is more accurate, but whatever you call the mists, they were so beautiful it was almost painful. In all the years I have lived in Zion, I have never seen a morning like that one - the earths teaming all the way to Springdale.

    How joyous that you are amongst the walking again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Welcome to the blogosphere, Deb! Looking forward to seeing what you get up to with your iPad (and your life, of course!).

    ReplyDelete